Matthaeus was a summer associate at the firm and joined as an associate after graduating from Stanford Law School in 2016.
At Stanford Law School, Matthaeus participated in the Supreme Court Litigation Clinic, where he co-wrote a petition for certiorari that was granted by the Supreme Court in September 2016. The case is Endrew F. v. Douglas County School District.
Matthaeus will be clerking for the Honorable Diana G. Motz on the Fourth Circuit in 2017-18, and for the Honorable Timothy B. Dyk on the Federal Circuit in 2018-19.
- Stanford Law School (J.D., 2016)
- Best Team and Best Brief, 2015 Marion Rice Kirkwood Moot Court Competition
- Gerald Gunther Prizes for Outstanding Performance in Civil Procedure, Introduction to Intellectual Property, and Trademark and Unfair Competition Law
- Judge Thelton E. Henderson Prize for Outstanding Performance in Immigrants’ Rights Clinic
- John Hart Ely Prize for Outstanding Performance in Myth, Law, and Practice
- Stanford University (M.A., Psychology, 2013)
- Stanford University (B.A., Psychology, with distinction, 2013)
- J.E. Wallace Sterling Award for Scholastic Achievement, given to the top 25 graduating seniors in the Humanities and Sciences